I just saw a call for papers for a conference for next October, and went through to do a quick update of my BPM Event Calendar. I certainly don’t attend all of these events, but like to keep track of who’s doing what, when and where. Here’s what I have in there so far; if you have others, send me a note or add them as a comment to this post and I’ll add to the calendar. I’m posting just the major conferences here, not every regional seminar.
- OPEX Week (formerly PEX Week), January 23-27, Orlando
- DST Advance, February 20-22, Phoenix
- AIIM Conference, March 13-16, Orlando
- IBM InterConnect, March 19-23, Las Vegas
- Business Transformation and Operational Excellence Summit, March 21-24, Orlando
- IRM Innovation, Business Change and Technology Forum, March 21-22, London
- Appian World, April 3-5, San Francisco
- bpmNEXT, April 18-20, Santa Barbara
- Lexmark Inspire (assuming that Kofax doesn’t return to their own conference following the recent rebranding announcement), April 23-26, Nashville
- Red Hat Summit, May 2-5, Boston
- PegaWorld, June 4-7, Las Vegas
- OpenText Enterprise World, July 10-13, Toronto – hurrah for a major vendor conference in Canada, finally!
- BPM 2017 (academic and research conference), September 9-15, Barcelona
- SAP TechEd, September 25-29, Las Vegas (also in Barcelona November 14,16, and as-yet unpublished dates in Bangalore)
- APQC Process Conference, October 2-6, Houston
- IRM BPM Europe, October 16-19, London
- IBM World of Watson (formerly Insight), October 29-November 2, Las Vegas
- Building Business Capability, November 6-10, Orlando
Many vendors are eschewing a single large annual conference in favor of several regional conferences, easing the travel concerns of attendees; since these are usually just one day long, they aren’t announced this far in advance. It will be interesting to see if more vendors decide to go this way, or do more livestreaming to allow people to participate in more of the conference content remotely.
At this point, I don’t have confirmed attendance or speaking spots at any of these, although I will almost certainly be attending bpmNEXT and a few of the vendor conferences, either as a speaker or as an analyst/blogger. If you’re interested in having me attend your conference, let me know; I require that my travel expenses are covered (otherwise they come out of my own pocket in addition to the billable days that I’m giving up to attend), and a speaking fee if you want me to do a keynote or other presentation.